Yeah, It’s been a long time since I post a blog. I was discussing about the “Empowerment” with my team folks during a Team Lunch last week. I thought this topic deserved a blog and hence this post 🙂
What Empowerment is all about?
It’s a bit challenging to jot down what empowerment is all about. However, if we put together in a very simple way: ” To Operate by itself and with great enthusiasm!”
It’s taking responsibility and ownership. Empowerment is working independently towards a common objective. More of an earned privilege. It’s not a given right
Let’s see the 10 simple ways to empowerment
- Tell people what their responsibilities are
- Give them authority equal to their responsibilities
- Set standards of excellence
- Create the environment for ownership where each person wants to be responsible
- Give them knowledge and information
- Provide feedback on performance
- Recognize them for their achievements
- Trust them
- Give them permission to fail
- Treat them with dignity and respect
See what Bill Gate’s say on empowerment:
There’s a basic philosophy here that by empowering…workers you’ll make their jobs far more interesting, and they’ll be able to work at a higher level than they would have without all that information just a few clicks away.
I give special credits to Mr Anand Nataraj, CEO who has been my inspiration to resume my blog post. I’ll meet you in another interesting blog.